Luis Suarez over at ELSUA has just tagged me in a virtual cocktail party. What does that mean? I gather that when you’re tagged you tell five things people might not know about you, then tag five more bloggers. So here are five things people might not know about me.
- My original degree was in geography and archaeology and my honours thesis was titled “Mid-channel shoals in a macro-tidal environment—Ord River, Western Australia”.
- My first business was called Callahan, Fox & Associates and we wrote guidebooks for national parks, ran a photographic library and did geographic information systems (GIS) consulting for the Defence department. We went broke.
- I love reading biographies of scientists, artists and explorers.
- My first knowledge management project (1996) involved helping the Australian Geological Survey Organisation catalogue their scientific datasets and discovered that the greatest challenge was to get the scientists interested in the task. We wrote a paper about our experience.
- I’m both a US and Australian citizen. I was born in Beaufort, South Carolina. I’ve lost the southern accent.
So here are the people I would love to know more about:
About Shawn Callahan
Shawn, author of Putting Stories to Work, is one of the world's leading business storytelling consultants. He helps executive teams find and tell the story of their strategy. When he is not working on strategy communication, Shawn is helping leaders find and tell business stories to engage, to influence and to inspire. Shawn works with Global 1000 companies including Shell, IBM, SAP, Bayer, Microsoft & Danone. Connect with Shawn on: