The Origins Asia Pacific Business Narrative Conference is a part of the Singapore International Storytelling Festival and is organised by The National Book Development Council of Singapore, with Shawn Callahan of Anecdote and Patrick Lambe of Straits Knowledge.
The aim of Origins is to foster the practice of business storytelling and narrative techniques in the Asia Pacific region and to build awareness among government agencies and corporations of the power of storytelling and narrative for business.
The conference has three objectives
- To build a network of practitioners to deepen the practice of storytelling and story use in organizations.
- To create awareness of the broad utility of narrative techniques for dealing with business issues, their capacity to humanise the workplace, and to help organisations deal with complexity and uncertainty.
- To inspire leaders to take the first steps in applying narrative techniques in their businesses.
Narrative methods are beginning to have a substantial impact on businesses, particularly in the following areas:
- staff engagement
- strategy alignment and execution
- issues characterised by complexity
- change management
- understanding cultural and attitudinal differences
- learning lessons
- building a collaborative work environment
- communicating tacit knowledge
Who should participate?
- Leaders of organisations, teams and projects
- Corporate planning and strategic planning roles
- Change managers and change activists
- Managers in knowledge management, organisational development and organisation learning roles
- People in training, instructional design, coaching and mentoring roles
- Corporate communications and internal communications roles
- Branding, marketing and sales roles
About Shawn Callahan
Shawn, author of Putting Stories to Work, is one of the world's leading business storytelling consultants. He helps executive teams find and tell the story of their strategy. When he is not working on strategy communication, Shawn is helping leaders find and tell business stories to engage, to influence and to inspire. Shawn works with Global 1000 companies including Shell, IBM, SAP, Bayer, Microsoft & Danone. Connect with Shawn on: