Last week, I was sitting in a hotel room in Sydney with Shawn and Andrew following a workshop by Brenda Dervin: sense-maker extraordinaire. The workshop re-confirmed our conviction that sensemaking really does matter and that it is time to expand our little company …
We would love to work with
- someone passionate about people; you love working with people, you’re interested in how people work in organisations; and you share our desire to restore humanity to the forefront of organising and organisations.
- a person with 5 or more years working experience; it would be good if you had a degree in a people-related discipline (for example, organisational psychology, anthropology, HR); and some consulting experience is desirable (though definitely not essential).
- someone who will enthusiastically embrace the Anecdote operating principles of: do good things; look after each other; and have a go.
- people who are comfortable in conversation and with whom others naturally share their stories; we’re looking for people who are interested in Anecdote’s work and learning about it; not necessarily people who are already experienced in this field.
- a person with a great attitude to work, to life. This is far more important than skills.
What we will do for you
- We will train you in all our techniques such as narrative collection, sensemaking, intervention design, storytelling, social network analysis, communities of practice development, and fostering knowledge transfer.
- Provide a diversity of project types and activities that will stretch you and help you learn at a cracking pace.
- Good coffee and great conversations.
What you will be doing at Anecdote
- Helping to develop and refine our sensemaking approaches based on our work in organisations, big and small, public and private sector.
- You definitely won’t be making Shawn’s coffee
- Project activities including interviewing, focus group facilitation, research, presentations, and logistics.
- Meeting and working with outstanding people who form part of the Anecdote global network of collaborators.
Is this you? Are you interested?
Send a 3 page pdf that conveys your outstanding attributes and why you should be part of the Anecdote team to email@example.com
We will close the call for submissions on the 15 August 2006.
You will need to live in either Canberra or Melbourne for this job.
As you would expect, Anecdote provides a collegiate working environment. We’re a small, close-knit team that collaborates without ego or arrogance. Have a browse through our website and get a feel for the company you will be joining. Our perspectives, priorities and thoughts are published here and we think they provide insight into Anecdote’s philosophy.
Feel free to pass this post onto someone you think might be interested.
About Mark Schenk
Mark works globally with senior leadership teams to improve their ability to communicate clearly and memorably. He has been a Director of Anecdote since 2004 and helped the company grow into one of the world’s leading business storytelling consultancies. Connect with Mark on: